Pellae Problem

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885

due to the way the fur is set up, I cannot group my figures and move them around the scene after applying animations

(clothing set is not parented and cannot be parented to figure, all fur in a group under cape not the clothing items)

the fur will not follow whether simulated or not

it seems I am stuck with using my figure in the one spot

is fine if only using one figure...

I mean you can use more but you must make sure they all are exactly where you want them prior to simulation so no animation interaction tweaking

don't get me started on instances cheeky

I am not criticising as am sure it was done for a reason but rather want to know how to fix this enlightened

link added, did my own pet hate of not adding a link oops blush

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-pellae-outfit-for-genesis-9

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885

well no solution apparently 

I rendered all these at 0,0,0 and composited the video

I can use it normally no fur, it's just the fiur that is the issue 

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 238

Hi Wendy,

I think the fact that you have had no suggestions for a solution is a combination of a couple of things. Firstly, this is a pretty niche product but, after having seen your animations, I'm going to get it for my studio. It looks superb. Secondly, well, it's you. You're one of the most experienced users and animators on the forums and if *you* can't figure it out actually having the product installed, any suggestions from us would be wasting your time. Parent it all to a null, move it this way, group it that way. You'll have tried it already and I suspect a lot of people didn't offer the usual suggestions because they know you will have already attempted them.

Although the limitations you describe won't be a problem for me, the product does seem odd though... as in no other item I know of behaves this way. Any chance you can reach out to the author via Daz?

edited April 28

I could on Facebook but I simply believe like most she doesn't do animations

it is by Arki and I have lots of her stuff, just never seen this setup before though

most stuff parented under the hip so grouping or parenting to a null you can move the group or null with the parented figure or instance it

it works fine for draping and poses, in fact a 50 frame animation is suggested rather than start from memorised pose in the PDF

honestly I doubt I could render more than one in a scene on my card anyway so moving the scene instead of the figure if I used a set would work

I just won't be instancing hoards of them by looks

it''s actually a DAZ studio parenting issue with figures I have complained about numerous times

things like sitting figures on swings that are figures for example are a nightmare for animation as DAZ treats them as linked not just parented

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 238

It can't be this simple, can it?

Nirguin said:

I know it's TOO LATE for this but I found the solution to the problem (maybe someone else already did it but I couldn't find a single post about this)
    -In parameters go to the sandwich, preferences, show hidden properties
    -Now go to Transforms and activate (ON) Disable local transforms
    Now it doesn't matter if I move the figure or whatever, the hair will always be there.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/493226/strand-based-hair-acting-as-a-separate-object-and-not-moving-with-figure-in-animation#latest

I vaguely remember a few products disabling this in the past but I haven't seen it for ages. Doubt it's your issue but this thread fired up some loosely half-remembered memories about other hair products that did this.

edited April 29

mmmm I saw that thread but it was strandbased editor hair not PA made uneditable curves

still I will check it out on my scene on my computer later (on iPad at the moment) yes

edited April 29

no sadly in fact checking it on moves the fur off

however instances do in fact work if I group it all in place and don't move that group

as you can see all the fur is parented under the cape

this is the issue causing this

most things have their fur parented under each garment and applying fur from the content library to each item afterwards also fails

I would like to see other people's experiences using this outfit applying fur afterwards

(I don't simulate the fur BTW, did first go and it explodes too easily after 70 or so frames)

Capture.PNG
    393 x 917 - 29K
    hoard003.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M