Is there any way to use PowerPose Face with 8.1 figures?

I really like Daz3d and I got used to creating my facial expressions with PowerPose and never had a problem with it. Why should I cover a face with 10 icons + my mouse cursor while creating a facial expression in the future? That doesn't make any sense! I will never switch to 8.1 figures for this reason, even if they are better quality....

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

If you have updated the PowerPose templates, you need to remove the dummy files that are installed with Genesis 8 Starter Essentials to get the same functionality in PowerPose for G8.1 as you have for the G8

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

• PerttiA said:

If you have updated the PowerPose templates, you need to remove the dummy files that are installed with Genesis 8 Starter Essentials to get the same functionality in PowerPose for G8.1 as you have for the G8

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path

Oh my God...

Thank you! Thank you so much for that information; let me give you a little bit of context...

I'm a enthusiast game developer, and recently, I decided to use Genesis 8.1.

I have many Genesis 8 based characters; took the time to save Genesis 8 shape present and applied them to Genesis 8.1; evrything was going smooth until it was time to work with face poses and expressions.

Something very simple like opening and narrowing their mouth to simulate talking was a nightmare... Genesis 8.1 was missing many basic poses, like "Mouth Open" and "Mouth Wide-Narrow", it was very difficult to recreate their usual expressions.

I just deleted the dummy files and now I can use the morphs and face poses I know, and love!

The Daz forums are filled with VERY valuable information...

Thank you kind sir, or ma'am!

• PerttiA said:

You are my savior!
    I wish you happiness and wealth!
    Thank you

• Anytime you open Daz and it's saying you're missing a character, for whatever reason you didn't install it through DIM yet or whatever, you know that box that comes up when you turn it on, do not install it that way as Daz might put the dummy files back into the folders. I had bought Kento 8.1 and did a shot for a scene, sent it to my other computer to render and I had forgotten to install it. That box came up so I clicked it knowing I needed the character and the power pose wouldn't work after that, I had to go and find the files again in the cloud folders I believe is where they got reinstalled. So just keep that in mind, don't install through smart content or Daz Central and they won't show back up in those folders. 

• benniewoodell said:

Anytime you open Daz and it's saying you're missing a character, for whatever reason you didn't install it through DIM yet or whatever, you know that box that comes up when you turn it on, do not install it that way as Daz might put the dummy files back into the folders. I had bought Kento 8.1 and did a shot for a scene, sent it to my other computer to render and I had forgotten to install it. That box came up so I clicked it knowing I needed the character and the power pose wouldn't work after that, I had to go and find the files again in the cloud folders I believe is where they got reinstalled. So just keep that in mind, don't install through smart content or Daz Central and they won't show back up in those folders. 

Yeah, I will keep an eye on those dummy files.

I had some issues like that in the past; now, all that I install using DIM is Daz Studio and starter essentials; those dummy files must also come with the starter essentials...

I manually install characters, hairstyles, clothes, props, and everything else; it is safer that way.