Making a character in Daz from a photo

Hi all, I want to reproduce a person in Daz using a photo from the internet. I've asked about Face Trasfer and FaceGen before, and I don't think those tools are going to work for me. It may sound strange but on more than one occasion I find myself with a photo that is less than perfect for those tools. What techneique can I use to reproduce a person's face without those tools? Are there any tutorials you guys know of that can show you how to do this?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

If you export the base character, you can sculp it in a 3D modelling program, and then import it as a morph.

• I was just looking around the Daz Store and I found this tutorial product: https://www.daz3d.com/making-faces-and-realistic-bodies-too

Has anyone used this and actually learned enough to make poor quality photos work with Face Transfer?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

I use zbrush for face morphs. You can load a photo within zbrush so you can use it to sculpt. Without knowing what modelling software you have it's hard to give specific options. 

I haven't used the tutorial sorry...

• Pendraia said:

I use zbrush for face morphs. You can load a photo within zbrush so you can use it to sculpt. Without knowing what modelling software you have it's hard to give specific options. 

I haven't used the tutorial sorry...

I currently have Blender; I don't know much about Zbrush, and I think you have to pay for that software. Blender is free.